Writing With Pictures by Uri Shulevitz



I recently checked out a book by Uri Shulevitz, pictured above, from the library called "Writing with Pictures". It's an older book about how to write and illustrate children's books. Mainly it's about illustrating them. I enjoyed the variety of the illustration examples and the depth that the book covered. Uri Shulevitz is well know for his books "Snow" and "The Fool of the World and the Flying Ship". I think it's a great starter book for illustrators. Some of the material is dated such as the "color preseparation" portion of the book. Reading it made me appreciate the advancements in printing. I can't imagine having to color separate your own artwork. Still a book worth checking out.

Reference:
Shulevits, Uri. (1985). Writing With Pictures: How to Write and Illustrate Children's Books. Watson-Guptill Publications. NY, New York.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IF: CONFINED

Interview with Jess Bircham, Children's Book Illustrator