Education



I've been working on a new path. It's taken some time but I'm working on become an art teacher for K-12. This change has taken sometime to go through but I'm so glad I did. I recently found out that my previous job that I worked at ended up closing their offices. It's one of those things I knew I didn't want to be a inhouse graphic designer anymore. It's one of those things I've learned with time that isn't varied enough for me to be happy with. I'm almost finished with my getting my K-12 certification. Since I getting my certification I've taken so many wonderful studio classes that wasn't required with my bachelors. Ceramics, Sculpture, Printmaking, & Crafts. All of which I enjoyed. Especially Sculpture and Printmaking. The pictures above are from the Sculpture course I recently took. The professor was fantastic.

Sculpture is just too much fun. I recommend working 3D. I was really intimidated. I only took a 3D design in college. That was working in wood, plaster, and wire. Clay sculpture like trying to learn to draw all over again. Really challenging and pushes you to think about your work in so many other ways. There's also just structural and engineering aspect of it that I liked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IF: CONFINED

Interview with Jess Bircham, Children's Book Illustrator