Illustration Blogs

I really have to say that I'm so glad that illustrators have been kind enough to share so much of their experiences online. It's such a wealth of information that is out there. Back when I was getting my BFA in illustration the web was a new things for illustrators. At the time none of my professors where really utilizing it. Marketing was taught strictly as mailers and carrying your portfolio to ADs. The marketing for illustrators has changed so greatly. My first picture book contract I got was from the AD at Ambassador Bks/Paulist Press seeing my work online at the SCBWI. Then my 2nd book that is out in 2010 was from a targeted postcard mailer. I think it's worth trying various types of marketing approaches because you just don't know what will work. I'm always reading others blogs about what they did try it but make different to fit my needs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IF: CONFINED

Interview with Jess Bircham, Children's Book Illustrator