Live Oak Southwest Branch Visit

I had an amazing time at the Live Oak Southwest Branch this past week. The children's librarian, Alissa Boyd, is so welcoming and provides a lot of programs during the summer at the branch. It was great seeing all of the participation. 45 kids and 20 parents attended the reading of "Twelve Colorful Things" by Heather Tietz and illustrated by me! Reading, drawing demo, and I love throwing in an art project that goes with the book. The children in the story give a neighbor 11 pots decorated. We made pinch pots and each kid did an fantastic job of making theirs unique. I wished I'd taken photos of their work. The kids were so animated and we enjoyed our time together. I got a couple of hugs from kids and tons of questions and thank yous!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IF: CONFINED

Interview with Jess Bircham, Children's Book Illustrator