Virtual Visit


I've heard more of my fellow illustrators and authors offer Skype or Virtual Visits. I'm fortunate to have a nice relationship with the author of the books I've illustrated. Heather and I did a joint presentation with a group of students. She did an amazing job. Webcam needs to be attached. I used a ziggi cam as a webcam. We tested prior to the visit to make sure it would work. Having some kind of projector to have it easier for the audience to see who they are speaking to. Make sure you have an internal or external mic. I actually had to plug in my USB external mic. Then make sure that you specify the external mic in skype. Then you are off and running. It worked really well. I think it makes it more accessible for kids to meet authors, illustrators, or artists.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IF: CONFINED

Interview with Jess Bircham, Children's Book Illustrator