3.09 Marjorie Crosby-Fairall, Children's Book Illustrator






In this episode, I got to talk with award-winning children's book illustrator Marjorie Crosby-Fairall. She is based out of Australia. Here is more about Marjorie.
When I was a little girl I escaped to the library as often as possible where I spent hours devouring picture books and minutely examining their illustrations. I was very young when I decided to become an illustrator like my then-favorite illustrator C.W. Anderson (what little girl doesn’t love horse drawings?). Encouraged by my creative family, I gained a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration from Northern Illinois University. Following my move to Australia, I worked in many areas of illustration, including picture book illustrations.
I live in Sydney with my husband and son and spend my days happily illustrating books in the company of my dog, Junior. I love to experiment with new techniques for my illustrations, but always seem to return to my beloved and well-used color pencils.
Released November 2016, One Christmas Eve (by Corinne Fenton for Black Dog Books an imprint of Walker Books) was the inspiration for the 2016 Meyer Christmas Windows in Melbourne.
I was awarded the CBCA Eve Pownall Award for my first picture book, Killer Plants (Penguin). My books appear on the Premier’s Reading Challenge lists and have been shortlisted or won awards, including My Little World (Omnibus), which was shortlisted for the 2012 Wilderness Society Environment Award, and The Croc & the Platypus (Walker Books), which was shortlisted for the 2015 Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year.
To see Marjorie's illustrations visit her website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IF: CONFINED

Interview with Jess Bircham, Children's Book Illustrator