Death & Taxes

Certainty? In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.
Benjamin Franklin

Well, Ben Franklin sure said it right. With the approaching 2009 I'm beginning to wonder about this aspect of being a freelancer. This is something that many institutions of higher learning really don't pay as much attention to when it comes to fine art or commercial art students. I really wish there had been a bare bones class on the business side of illustration. True business stuff that no one likes to do. Here's some stuff that I've been reading about regards to quarterly filing from the IRS.gov and allfreelance.com. Now one can always go to an accountant but when you are starting out accounting fees seem quite heavy on top of the self employment taxes you have to pay. Ugh gives me a headache. I'm going to think on it some more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IF: CONFINED

Interview with Jess Bircham, Children's Book Illustrator