Botanical Drawings and Watercolor

I got some amazing new brushes Windsor and Newton series 7. I got them in 6, 4, 2, and 0 sizes. I'm a fan of Beatrix Potter and decided I would try and do some botanical studies to test out the hotpress paper and brushes. I had never used hot press. I'm loving it for the pen and ink portion. I'm in the process of starting to paint. I'm sharing the JPGs of the images so you can print and try inking or you can go and paint in. Either or. I'm including the reference photos I took outside for the flowers. It is called Spiderwort. Pretty and it comes back each year in the Southeast.

Here is a link for more information on the flower. Spiderwort Flower Friday Article




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IF: CONFINED

Interview with Jess Bircham, Children's Book Illustrator